persiMon® have no pips or stone and so are really great for kids.
TIP: Simply eat them like an apple, discarding the top like you would an apple core. Leave the skin on or peel it, or cut into segments for a sweet and healthy lunchbox treat.
persiMon® are available just in time for Halloween. Why not get the kids making mini jack o’lanterns by carving a scary face out of the soft flesh?
FUN TIP: persiMon® are also ideal for making healthy Halloween treats. Slice the persiMon® into rounds and use Halloween shaped cookie cutters to make spooky treats that you can decorate with melted chocolate and sprinkles for extra sweetness.
One persiMon® counts as one of your 5-a-day. They are a good source of vitamin A and C and potassium and are high in antioxidants. persiMon® have also been associated with helping to lower cholesterol and the risk of clogging in the arteries*.
TIP: As well as eating persiMon® fresh from the fruit bowl, you can also try adding them to your morning cereal or serving them with yoghurt or ice-cream. They make the perfect addition to salads too.
* Study carried out by Shela Gorinstein at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
An all categories champion: Health-Beauty-Wellness.
The persiMonᴹᴰ, available between October and January, comes at the right time to help us face the winter. With only 120 calories, this “appetite suppressant” becomes a true slimming partner. It is also rich in vitamins and nutrients and ranks among the best healthy fruits. It is also renowned to protect the skin from external aggressions, it regulates the growth of epidermal cells and improves the proportion of collagen in the dermis.
A portion of 100 g provides:
- 2.5 g of fiber
- 170 mg of potassium
- 26 mg of phosphorus
- 11 mg of vitamine C
- 8 mg of magnesium
- a source of: folate, vitamin K, vitamin A & manganes
- contain 7 essential nutrients
The benefits of Vitamin A:
- aids in the development and maintenance of night vision
- aids in maintaining the health of the skin and membranes
- helps build strong bones and teeth
- supports night vision
- supports healthy skin
The benefits of Vitamin C:
- a factor in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth and gums
- a dietary antioxidant
- a dietary antioxidant that significantly decreases the adverse effects of free radicals on normal physiological functions
- a dietary antioxidant that helps to reduce free radicals and lipid oxidation in body tissues
- helps build teeth, bones, cartilage and gums
- protects against free radicals
- protects against the damage of free radicals
- protects against the oxidative effects of free radicals
A healthy diet rich in a variety of vegetables and fruit may help reduce the risk of some types of cancer.