½ cup halved green Gordal olives
½ cup halved black Hojiblanca olives
320-400 g of pasta (short-cut pasta is better)
4 cups ripe tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped capers
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Fresh bay leaves (optional)
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Peel and halve the tomatoes, and place in an oiled dish.
2. Season them with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with sugar and capers. Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
3. Roast in an oven pre-heated to 400°F for about 20 or 30 minutes until well cooked.
4. Remove the dish from the oven, cut up the tomatoes, add the olives and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
5. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain it and serve with the sauce. Garnish with fresh bay leaves.