Cherry sorbet, cinnamon, dark chocolate and olive oil
Economic and Commercial Office of Spain
By Hubert Cormier, nutritionist
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Time left in a fridge: 1 night
Chilling time: 30 minutes
Freezing time: 2-3 hours
Nutrition facts (per serving)
Fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 4.6 g
Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
Sodium: 18 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 4 g
- 750 ml (3 cups) Frozen cherries (or 800 gr.)
- 125 ml (½ cup) Ice
- 15 ml (1 c. tbsp.) Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg White
- One pinch of cinnamon
- 5 ml Vanilla extract
- 12 Whole cherries with stems
- ½ (50 gr.) 85% Dark chocolate bar from Valor
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Oro del Desierto Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a blender, place cherries hulled, ice, sugar, egg white, cinnamon and the vanilla extract. Mix until it is uniformed.
- Freeze for few hours
- In a small bowl, break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a micro-wave for 30 second increments and mix until smooth.
- Dip cherries in melted dark chocolate only coating half of the cherry.
- Place cherries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- When serving, place chocolate cherries on top of the sorbet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Top with mint leaves.
Olive oil is always amazing, right? It goes well (matches) with you desert. Look for an extra virgin olive oil; the taste and the quality will be at their best if you want to fully enjoy the different aromas you can exhale.