ENSALADA DE CRUJIENTE DE KAKI persiMon®
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
- 1 ea. frisée lettuce
- 120g (4oz) mix artisanal lettuce
- 2 ea. PersiMon® (cut into thin slices, dehydrate) 56 HRS 140°F CONVECTION OVEN
- 1 ea. beetroot (COOK AND CUT INTO DICES)
- ½ ea. pickled fennel bulb (CUT INTO THIN SLICES)
- 30g (1oz) Valdeón cheese
- 1 tbsp. toasted peanuts (280°F/8 MIN CONVECTION OVEN)
- 30g (1oz) raspberries
- 8 ea. micro red sorrel
- 2 tbsp. Spanish E.V.O.O (EXTRA VIRGEN OLIVE OIL)
- 1 tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- Salt to taste
Gently mix all the ingredients. Place in a bowl salad. Leave some of the dehydrated persiMon® to garnish, ENJOY!
PINTXO DE KAKI persiMon® CON SALMOREJO
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 SPOONS
- 1 kaki persiMon® (cut into sticks 3mm wideX2cm long)
- 4 Cantabrian anchovies fillets
- 4 piparras peppers (cut in half)
- 4 bamboo skewers
- 50 ml salmorejo Cordobes
- Take one Anchovy fillet, place it wide, put 8 persiMon® sticks on top of the anchovy fillet and roll it. Put aside and repeat the same operation with the remining fillets
- Take one skewer and insert two pieces of the piparra peppers then insert the anchovy/persiMon® roll
- Fill the base of the spoon with the salmorejo Cordobes then put the Pinxto on top
- Drizzle with Spanish E.V.O Maldon salt and fine cut chives
- 60 g (2 onces) ripe tomatoes
- 2 ea. slices old bread
- 1/2 ea. garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. EVO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp. Jerez vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
- In a Vitamix (blender) mix the tomatoes, garlic, bread and the Jerez vinegar
- Blend in high speed until you get a smooth mix without grumps
- Add the E.V.O AL HILO (slowly) to get an emulsified tomato soup.
- Pass through a fine mesh strainer and chill in the fridge
SECRETO IBÉRICO FROM THE LEGENDARY BLACK-FOOTED IBERICO PIGS OF SPAIN SERVED WITH WRINKLED BABY POTATOES MOJO CANARIO AND persiMon® CHUTNEY
- 1 lb secreto iberico (pan seared and cut into 4 pieces).
- 8 ea. baby carrots rainbow, (blanched and cut in half lengthwise).
- 8 ea. green asparagus (pan seared).
- 1 lb marble potatoes (cooked in a bath of water and salt for 15 min).
- 2 oz mojo rojo Canario.
- 1 cup kaki persimmon chutney.
In a serving plate, make a bed of the wrinkled potatoes soaked with the mojo rojo, the blanched carrots and the asparagus. Pan sear the secreto Iberico, both sides for about 2 min each, let it rest 5 min before to cut into bites pieces, and put on the vegetables. Top with the kaki persimmon chutney to finish.
FOR THE CHUTNEY:
- 8 ea. kaki persimmon (cut into diced)
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) Spanish Sherry vinegar
- 1 lb white raisins
- ¼ cup ginger (grated with micro plane)
- 1 cup minced onions
- ¼ cup mustards seeds
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. spicy Spanish paprika
Combine everything (except the persiMon®) in a stainless-steel rondeau. Bring to a boil. Cover with a lead and put into the oven at 225°F in low fan until all the liquid has evaporated. (around 2 hours). Put the persiMon® into the mix and let it rest covered and at room temperature.
FOR THE MOJO ROJO:
- 10 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 3 ea. blanched garlic cloves (one-time, cold start)
- 1 tsp cumin seed lightly toasted
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 60 ml (1/4) cup grape seed oil
- 60 ml (1/4) cup Spanish E.V.O (extra virgin olive oil)
- Sea salt to taste
Put the ingredients in a blender and puree almost smooth. Remove and add olive oil in a bowl with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Serve.
WHITE CHOCOLATE SPANISH BOMBA RICE PUDDING AND KAKI PERSIMON® SORBET
FOR THE RICE:
- 500 g (1 lb) white chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 60 g (2 oz.) Butter (room temperature)
- Make a ganache with the cream and the chocolate, add the butter. Reserve.
- 250 g (1 ½ lb) Spanish rice BOMBA, blanched 1 time (cold start) and drained.
- 3 L milk
- 1 cup sugar
- Cook the rice and milk together slowly, until the milk is absorbed. Add the sugar, and then fold in the cold white chocolate ganache.
FOR THE KAKI persiMon® SORBET:
- 6 ea. persiMon®
- 1 cup mineral water
- 60 g (2 oz) dextrose
- 175 g (6 oz sugar
- ½ tsp sorbet stabilizer
- Lemon juice from 1 piece
- In a blender put the persiMon® and make a fine puree. Heat the water. Make a dry mix with the sugar and stabilizer. When the water reaches 45/50°C, pour in the dry mix and dextrose. Stir and bring up to 85°C. Leave to mature for 3 hours in the refrigerator. Add the syrup and lemon juice into the persiMon® pure. Blend well before placing in the ice-maker. Store at -18°C.
Place in a soup plate, 4 spoons of rice pudding, on top place a scoop of persiMon®, drizzle with a reduction of Spanish sweet Xerry wine. Enjoy,!