World Tapas Day Culinary Market
George Brown Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts
Thursday, June 15th
Foods and Wines from Spain (@SpainFoodWineCA), Spain’s tourism agency, Turespaña, together with George Brown Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts (@GBCCHCA), present the upcoming celebration of El Día Mundial de la Tapa (World Tapas Day) to recognize the remarkable and singular nature of this vital element of Spanish cuisine and culture.
It’s no secret that the Spanish tapas culture has been invading the world’s culinary scene for some time now. Restaurants and diners all over the globe, and especially here in Canada, have embraced this style of sharing small plates of food, with the culture going beyond purely Spanish restaurants to define a way of life and loving gastronomy.
Feast on tapas by special guest Chef Manu De Pablo from Andalusia and celebrate the enticing flavours of Spain at the World Tapas Day Culinary Market! At this walk-around food market, you’ll discover wines from Rueda DO and of course, tapas created by local celebrity chefs including:
- Andres Solomon of Barsa Taberna
- Doug Penfold of Cava
- Laura Maxwell of Le Select Bistro
- Daniel Schick of Omni King Edward Hotel
- Darby Piquette of One Restaurant
- Ivana Raca of Raca Café & Bar
Find out more about the World Tapas Day around the world.
- Date: Thursday, June 15th
- Location: George Brown Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts, 300 Adelaide Street East, Toronto
- Reception: 6:30 pm -8:30 pm
- Tickets: $60 per person (including taxes and fees)
More info on the event will shortly be published on our Social Media!
An event by: