Grilled pork chops marinated with orange sauce
¼ cup of cider vinegar
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
½ cup of orange juice made from Spanish oranges
1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
1 teaspoon of ground sage
A pinch of salt
1 large clove garlic
½ cup of barbeque sauce
4 thick cut pork chops
A dash of Spanish olive oil
1. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the pork chops and the Spanish olive oil.
2. Put the chops in a large resealable plastic bag.
3. Pour in the marinade, seal the bag and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Preheat grill to 450 ºF.
5. Pour the marinade in a small saucepan, boil it and cook for 5-10 minutes.
6. Preheat grill with some Spanish olive oil.
7. Grill chops for 6 -8 minutes, turning sides to get the meat done.
8. Brush cooked marinade on the chops while grilling.
9. You can accompany your chops with salad, roasted potatoes, rice or vegetables.
10. To decorate your dish, you can add some slices of Spanish oranges.
Wine pairing: Tempranillo from one of Spain’s Iconic regions like Rioja or Ribera del Duero.
Agua de Valencia cocktail
Ingredients for 1 pitcher
1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice made from Spanish oranges
2 ounces of gin
2 ounces of vodka
700 ml Spanish Cava
A pinch of Sugar
Lemons or Lime
1. Add orange juice, gin, vodka and Cava into a pitcher.
2. Add the sugar according to your taste.
3. Refrigerate until chilled.
4. Fill a cocktail glass with some ice cubes and garnish them with lemon or lime wedges.
Pictures: Matías Costa/ICEX (Pix of Spain) y ICEX (Pix of Spain)